Part-Time Summer Opportunities
We have hired our team for the 2022 season, but if you are interested in joining us for our 2023 season please fill out the form (link below).
Working at Chilljoy as part of the Treat Team can be as simple as creating delicious treats to make customers happy during your shift or develop business management skills you can use in any career by getting involved in our behind the scenes operations.
Chilljoy is a mobile frozen dessert truck that operates within 30 miles of our headquarters located in Gahanna, Ohio.
All positions are currently part-time and seasonal from April to September.
Working with us is perfect for:
- Teens seeking their first job (must have access to reliable transportation),
- Gig/contract workers,
- College students home for the summer,
- Entry level workers seeking to develop transferable operations management skills,
- Pivoting professionals or those taking a break to enjoy a laid-back summer serving smiles instead of creating TPS reports.
Top 10 Benefits
- Outdoors in the fresh air
- Pay Ranges:
- Cashier: $11/hour plus tips
- Treat Maker: $12-$15/hour plus tips
- Entry Level Operations Lead: $16/hour
- Paid training
- Profit sharing
- Free frozen treats
- Free meals (purchased by us at events with our food truck family)
- Free Treat Team t-shirt and causal work wear requirements
- Parking reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible schedule
- Work as little as one day a week.
- Our schedule fluctuates week-to-week, but we typically operate Wednesday thru Sunday (afternoons and evenings).
- Shifts can range from 1-2 hours, up to 6-8 for full day events.
- Operations Lead may periodically work earlier in the week at our headquarters in Gahanna.
- *BONUS* Creative freedom to have fun and make an impact in a business that wants to grow in Columbus.
- No experience necessary – we will train you! But you must:
- Love frozen treats,
- Be friendly and reliable,
- Enjoy having fun in a safe space to be yourself,
- Be open to coaching while learning the ropes,
- Physically be able to step up into and out of our truck safely, as well as stand for extended periods and be able to lift/carry at least 20 pounds,
- Have reliable transportation to/from events.
- Being a small business, we can do what we want:
- Do you have a unique menu item we should create?
- How about a fun social media post?
- Think one (or many) of our processes can be improved?
- Everything creative is on the table to be considered.
- Create moments of joy for our customers through great service and quality made treats,
- Communicate effectively with each customer to share product knowledge and what makes us different – especially with our shave ice and origin story,
- Actively support opening, ongoing and closing activities during the shift so we are always prepped, cleaned and ready to go.
About the Boss-gal
Chilljoy owner and operator Stephani McIntyre grew up around the cornfields of South Columbus in the ’90s (GenX all the way).
She developed into a multi-passionate person who became a military veteran (Hooah!), world traveler and Ohio State University (Fisher) graduate. In addition, she gained over 15 years of operations and Corporate America experience before choosing the crazy life of small business ownership.
Learn more here!